I find myself soaking up every minute I have with Emmy. I get a little weepy inside when I hug her before she goes down for a nap or bedtime. I can't keep my hands off of her or stop kissing her any chance I get. She doesn't seem to mind either, as I think she has a sixth sense about what is about to happen to her little world. Some cute things she is doing right now include:
- Saying "Tench jew" which translates, "Thank you."
- Whenever she sees a picture of a pretty girl she says "Mama!", to which I reply, "That's right Emmy. Mama really enjoyed that photo shoot with Fitness Magazine." I mean people pay for that kind of encouragement! Who cares that I rarely get to take a shower anymore, have not worn my hair down in forever and weigh almost 40 more pounds than normal...my daughter (and husband) thinks I'm gorgeous! Who could ask for more?
- She really enjoys dancing in our bedroom. The best is when some hip hop comes on the ipod and she coolly bobs her head up and down. Oh thank goodness for the ghetto in her!
- Throws her hands up in the air and squeals whenever she sees her favorite friend, Chase.
- Loves wrestling with her daddy on the bed. They both act like they are bulls...she puts two fingers on top of her head and makes a snorting sound. FREAKING HILARIOUS.
- We pray for all of our family before she goes to bed and she makes a grunting noise (her special language with my dad) whenever we say Pancho's name (my dad).
In other news, I think my sister may get to meet Cletus as she is coming in town this weekend!! Yipppee! I miss my family a whole lot and am praying that things work out for them to be here when Cletus arrives. Oh it is so good to be near those folks who have known you and loved you from the beginning. Sad that you sometimes don't fully understand or appreciate your own mama until you are in her shoes.
3 comments:
Katie, I am so excited for you! Keep me updated.
Cletus, if you can hear me head towards the light! I think if you start now you can make it by tomorrow and we can share birthday's!!! Let me know if I can help at all, hope to see you soon. Aunt Britt
I am praying for you! xoxo
Post a Comment