Sunday, January 17, 2010

I am way behind in post updates. I will keep the writing to a minimum as to not overwhelm myself or you with so many details. I thought my Christmas decorations were fun and festive... ...until my dad and sister took me to THIS house in Houston!! What?!!? By the way, this picture does nothing to fully capture the incredible effort this family went to. To the right of the house is a huge tree they lined with lights ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP. They had Santa and the reindeer harnessed to a cherry picker in their backyard... amazing.Opening one gift on Christmas Eve.I love my sister.We spent Christmas at a Girls Scout Horse Camp. We took care of 40 plus horses for four days and had so much fun being out of the city for a while.


Emmy got to ride a horse for the first time. Here she is meeting her mighty steed.



She LOVED it. Not even a smidgeon of fear!



We celebrated Emmy's 2nd birthday in Dallas. The lopsided birthday cake was my creation thanks to an awesome book Alison lent me. I attempted to make fondant icing...and I did it! It only took 6 hours.





5 comments:

Meredith said...

I love the pictures of your house. And the cake is beautiful! I will be looking for Katie's Bakery soon in Austin!

Kara said...

Love the cake! Way to go. PS Is Joel wearing a tiara?

Jan said...

That cake is awesome! And you think I'm crazy to make pancakes from scratch. Please, your cake really requires much more advanced skills.

Unknown said...

1)I told myself that if I checked your blog today and there was no post I was going to harrass you via text, voicemail, facebook and email daily until you get back on the bandwagon. Lucky for you, you're coming back to the internet.

2) My grandparents house is very much like the Houston house every Christmas. No kidding- my Nonno was in the newspaper for his decorations for many consecutive years. They've stopped publishing him now, presumably because his decor makes other residents feel inferior and Christmas is not the time to rub someone else's nose in his/her own inferiority.

3) That cake is impressive. I'm looking forward to one day eating on like it and seeing if the taste can live up to the high standards set by the decor.

4) The house is looking great.

5) Boone is freaking huge! I'm the worst non-relative aunt ever for not having met him yet. Each picture you post just exposes me to more shame.

6) Did you get lucky and convince Lesley move back to Texas? She's been in many posts lately. I'm a bit confused.

Unknown said...

I had so much fun seeing you over Christmas! Can't wait until it gets a little warmer and a certain someone ventures north for a visit!