Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Few of My Faves

 
I have already written this post. Arg. I tried to upload a video and apparently Picasa and Blogspot hate me. So I will suck it up and re-post a few of my favorite moments from the past month. Without the fun video. Sigh.
 
I love that these little people are big fans of dressing up, even when we are just going to Lowe's.
 
 I love the hubs. He's a good man. My favorite thing to see- how much the kids love their daddy. He went on a fishing trip recently with our neighbor and an old Young Life friend for a few days. He was so sweet to delay his trip so he could stay and coach Emmy's soccer game. The littles were sad to see him go.

 While hubs was gone we went to the Dripping Springs Founders Day Celebration. This is probably one of my fave things to do. We try to go every year. I LOVE Dripping Springs. The town is super cute and quaint; close enough to Austin that you don't feel too far away and far enough away that you feel part of a smaller community. The carnival was a blast. The kiddos rode rides, got their faces painted, danced to some great live music and of course ate some great carny food.
It totally looks like Boone picked up some older ladies in his monster truck!

 Emmy found this leaf one day in our backyard. There were several orange eggs attached so we took it to preschool the next day for Show-N-Tell. Emmy's teacher Mrs. Jill put the leaf in a plastic container and kept it in the room for a week so we could observe any changes. Sure enough, the following week Emmy was the proud mama of baby ladybugs. So fun!
 Emmy and Boone love their new pajamas from Nana. I love how inherently different these kiddos are! Emmy is ready to dance the night away while Boone is looking for any bad guys to take out. Love these little people!
 We have some great trees in our front yard. My favorite thing to do in the afternoons is hang out with our favorite neighbors and play hard until the dinner bell rings.

 One morning I came downstairs and was mildly concerned by how quiet things were. I looked out the front door to see this sweet moment happening. Instead of breakfast at the table with Sesame Street taking center stage, Emmy and Joel were enjoying their breakfast and the unseasonably cool weather, talking about who knows what. So sweet.
 We have a new pediatrician. Who I LOVE. I was not excited when Joel decided we should find another pediatrician who was located closer than our old one, but upon meeting Dr. Prochnow I am now very pleased! He is wonderful and his office is only 5 minutes from our house. I somehow missed Emmy's four year well check (oops!) so we had to get her immunizations up to date for the upcoming school year. Kindergarten! Eek!
 This is pretty random, but I love this vignette in our living room. I really love making our home feel comfortable and lovely and for some reason this scene makes me smile.
 My favorite part of the morning. Coffee: check. Comfy couch: check. Relaxing with my lil punkin: check. I am so thankful for the many blessings in my life.

No comments: