Yesterday I was changing Emmy on her changing table and (excuse me) burped out loud. I had consumed a Diet Pepsi earlier in the day and felt the effects quite dramatically. To those of you who know me well, burping is something that comes quite easily for me. I can pretty much burp on command and have been known to almost make it through the alphabet, sans any bubbly beverage. No wonder Joel fell for me....Ok, so probably not the most ladylike quality and I am certainly not trying to brag. But this "gift" came in handy yesterday!
After I burped, Emmy looked at me in total surprise and LAUGHED! I don't mean a simple courtesy laugh or even a slight giggle. She full on laughed out loud and was seriously tickled. So what do I do? Of course I try again (here's where said gift came in handy). Once again she laughed with some intensity. We went on like that for at least ten minutes. Her forehead was turning all shades of red and purple from laughing. By the time we finished our burp comedy hour, my stomach and sides hurt from laughing so hard (and having to produce so many burps in one sitting.) I called my parents and Joel so they could hear the festivities and did actually record some of our antics on cell phone answering machines.
So, remember the "Friends" episode where Ross and Rachel make baby Emma laugh by singing "Baby Got Back"? I can totally relate! Do I really want my baby girl to mimic her Mama's offensive (to some) mouth-music? Not really. But man what I'll do to get a laugh out of her! It is the coolest sound you've ever heard. You other parents know what I mean...
See what I mean!
6 comments:
Haha, i love how life always relates back to Friends
cute!!!!!
I am not sure how I found your blog but your little girl is so precious and I can't wait for my little girl to get the giggles!
OH and we miss Austin so much!
That's hilarious. I've got to see this in person. Won't offend me. Anyway, Friday is my last day at work and I'd love to "play" with y'all next week sometime.
I can totally relate! I have taken to sneezing really loud to get Bailey to laugh. I just have to remember not to do it in public.
Hahaha! Oh Katie! So funny! :)
Post a Comment