We did the "Keep Austin Weird 5K" this past weekend. Wow. Talk about a feast for the eyes... Here is a tame sampling of what we saw.
Here are some random pics of Emmy's nursery. I finally painted her room and finished some homemade decorations.
That rocker is the one my mom used to rock me in!!
Joel and I continually pray for direction as we seek to raise Emmy up to be a woman who loves the Lord. We recently attended a funeral for an old Young Life kiddo from Midlothian. His death has shaken me to the core. I was hit with the fear of losing our little baby. One night, as I lay in bed trying to go to sleep I tearfully told Joel, "I just have to remember that God loves Emmy as much as we do." Always the patient and kind one, Joel lovingly reproved me by saying, "You know He loves her MORE than us. He has her life in His hands." Our pastor had the congregation sing that age-old Sunday school song "He's got the whole world in His hands." He stopped us mid-chorus and asked, "Do you really believe these simple yet profound words?" Pray for me as I grapple with doing just that on a daily basis.
4 comments:
Haha...that video was hilarious. Did you really attempt to make your child crawl using Justin Timberlake? Whatever works! She is precious :)
oh friend, i'm sorry to hear about the loss of one of your YL kids. I will pray for you as you learn to find rest in God's truth about how He loves us.
1.) I am glad to know that someone else is still working on their baby's nursery AFTER they were born! I hope to finish before she goes to college!
2.) I struggle with those same thoughts about my sweet Caroline and what a HUGE reminder that God loves our precious ones more than we do. And we know that is an IMMEASURABLE amount!! So I will be praying for you when I pray the same prayer!
A girl named Kelly designed it for me and if you look in my side bar her blog is called Fabulous K.... she gives away free blog designs every so often! Sorry it took so long to respond! :)
Post a Comment