Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Here comes the tooth.



It's official. Emmy has one tooth. It has been a booger getting here, let me tell you! Who knew that bone cutting through flesh made babies so uncomfortable? She won't really let me get near it, so no pics yet. Other strides she has made include upgrading from the army crawl to a real crawl, pulling up on objects to a standing position (as I am typing this she is attempting to pull up on my laptop screen...), picking up tiny pieces of food and manuevering them into her mouth, and sleeping until 7 a.m. (here's where the Hallelujah chorus rings out!).

She will pull up on just about anything.

Bear likes it when Emmy shares her snack.


We spent the weekend at Ronnie and Sharon's ranch in Lampassas. We had a ball going to the lake, frying fish, playing washers, and just hanging out. What a blessing to get away and be with folks who encourage my soul. The girls and babies stayed at the house and gabbed most of the time, while the boys went out in the 100 degree heat working on manly projects like building a deer stand....all I can say is thank goodness I'm a girl.

2 comments:

Meredith and Eddie said...

Katie,
A friend of mine said at the end of the year she is going to make her blog into a book. I thought you might be interested, since y'all seemed to have had such an amazing year. http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook
Hopefully, the link works.

Kelli said...

Love your new header!!