Monday, August 4, 2008

What's in your mouth??

Now that she is on the move and is as curious as that crazy monkey, it seems as though Emmy cannot keep foreign objects out of her mouth. This has become my new mantra, "What is in your mouth??" Of course I ask as though Emmy is going to answer..."Why, Mother, I have merely placed a dirty leaf in my mouth to see how it will feel on my sore gums." Why can't babies come with external translators? All we would have to do is hold the gizmo up to their forehead and instantly moms around the world could stop wondering in angst what is going on with their little ones. If only.


Just a quick story: Today I was trying to catch up on email and reading blogs (important business) and of course Emmy was roaming around on the floor beneath my feet. I was only half keeping an eye on her (again, I was involved in some serious business) and looked down to see her making the worst face. It was reminiscent of the face I used to make when I was little and I was forced to eat something I didn't like. I also noticed she was attempting to cough and was having a rough go of it. "What's in your mouth???" I began the back-beating, finger-sweeping madness of a mother on a mission to clear her baby's airway. Now I know the human body is a marvel, but what happened next was quite amazing. Emmy threw up, no I'm sorry, she SPEWED out an enormous amount of liquid! It was seriously like the Exorcist. Then she was fine. I had no idea her body was capable of protecting her that way. As I cleaned up myself and the floor, I was super curious to know the answer to my question. I found a TINY piece of plastic amidst the mess. Wow.


So, what did I learn today? Vacuum more often!!

"Don't mind me. I'm just looking for small, potentially harmful objects to put in my mouth."

Emmy waits for us like this to come get her in the morning. Looks a little pitiful!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I just know Caroline is going to be the same way! She is working on putting everything in her mouth and attempts to eat everything so our current mantra is, "Eat it!" :)

Today in the mall she latched on to my arm and I have a big ole' hickey!

Anonymous said...

love the new heading design. and thanks so much for hanging out with me and praying for me. i'm really gonna miss my fosho-foshea time :(
holla to the best foshizzlin friend ever! (BFFE)

The Mezger Family said...

I really like the new design. It is more you. Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow. Are you sure your ready for Spin, Spin, A Letter???