Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I was tagged by Christina!
Here are my seven random facts:
1. My favorite place in the whole world is Wilderness Ranch! This is a Young Life backpacking camp where I first decided to follow Christ, and where I eventually got to return after college and guide trips for other highschool students. WR is the place where God has spoken to me in amazing ways and I always feel at home the minute I set foot at base camp. Joel and I hope to have many family trips there with friends and family in the near future.
2. Ever since I was in highschool I have wanted to adopt children. I just know there is a precious kiddo out there who will someday be ours...I also know if he is African American, his name will be Charles. Can't you just see his cute chubby cheeks now??
3. I really wish we could have a soundtrack with life. Ipods are getting us closer to this reality, but there are so many moments when U2 or James Taylor would be so appropriate.
4. I get very passionate about the things I strongly know to be true. I LOVE a good debate and will spend hours reading nerdy theology books or searching Wikipedia for more information. My mom always said I should have been a lawyer...who knows...there's still time isn't there?
5. God blessed me with an incredible pregnancy and labor experience. I seriously loved all of it. Those few hours were the sweetest moments of my life thus far. I honestly felt like we were on another planet and no one existed that day but the folks in our hospital room. I still remember looking over at Joel after they wheeled me into our post-delivery room, beaming like a kid on Christmas Eve. The anticipation of a new life and the joy of our new reality was incredible to behold. I love talking to expectant mothers and get all giddy inside for them (so dorky, I know.)
6. Laughter is my favorite activity. I can tend to lean toward the more cynical side of viewing life and so I appreciate those amazing people who just make my stomach hurt they are so funny. In highschool I had a recognizable laugh that was termed the "donkey laugh." My good friend's mom got so angry at me one night because I was keeping her up and she was afraid neighbors were going to call complaining about my raucous laughter.
7. I wish I had been born African American. Seriously. I mean no disrespect. I honestly think there is a black woman locked up inside of my body, just dying to get out. Every now and then she makes herself heard. Joel scolds me because he is afraid I will offend passerbys, but she just comes out sometimes. It was really bad in college. I could not get a sentence out without talking like our YL kiddos. My best friend Liza also had/has a black lady living inside her, which I'm convinced is one of the reasons we remain so close to this day.

So now I tag Melissa, Jenny, Kara Jamie, Rachel, Katie, and Adrienne. Can't wait to see what you all write!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Hey- Look for my tag on http://flip-flops-and-chocolate.blogspot.com. That is my main blog, and I'm planning to merge it with "Life with the Lisenbys" soon.