Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Is Coming

Emmy LOVES the Christmas tree! We were a little nervous about putting it up, but she has been such a champ. She is pretty gentle with the ornaments she can reach.
If you look closely enough, you can read some of our address on her face. While I was getting ready to begin mailing Christmas cards, Emmy decided to take our address stamp and give it a kiss!


These pictures are actually from several weeks ago. We had so much fun at this great bounce house here in Austin. It is this huge warehouse type place full of inflatable fun! We had so much fun with Julie, Laura and Kara...and all the kiddos.

The slide was my favorite. Doesn't look to be Emmy's.
As December 25th quickly approaches, I am filled with a sense that this Christmas feels different. I am more excited than I have ever been and it's not because of any great trip we are taking or great presents we are giving/receiving. I am so excited because Emmy brings a whole new perspective to the holiday. I am having so much fun thinking about all of the cool Christmas traditions we can start (Advent tree, reading the Christmas story, serving on Christmas Day, giving money as a family to an overseas mission, etc.). If you have any fun traditions or ideas, please let me know!



3 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so excited about Christmas this year for the same reasons! Having Caroline makes it even more special. We are going to do some of those very same things, and as a little girl we sang happy birthday to Jesus and had a cake for him and I plan on doing the same thing with my kiddos!

Adrienne said...

Wait, you are pregnant again? Fertile Mertle!! Will they be less than 18 months apart? Congrats! Tommy and I just made our own Advent Calendar by attaching envelopes to a long string. Each envelope has a special thing to do that day with either Mommy or Daddy, such as "Sing Christmas songs" or "Read The Christmas Story." Tommy runs over to the string each day to excitedly open his envelope.

He also took some of his unwrapped toys from his b-day party and put them in a donation box for other kids. There was a bell ringer there, so we gave some money too. Now every time we pass a bell ringer he gets really upset if I don't put money in. They other day I didn't have any change so we went back inside and got cash back. Funny how at age 2 he is much more generous than I am.

Anonymous said...

Emmy is so growing so fast! I can't believe it! The pic of her in the little red dress touching the ornament is so cute, Katie! That bounce place looks so fun...can adults go there?!