Thursday, January 29, 2009

Girls' Weekend


"Laying out." It was a little chilly.

This past weekend I was able to embark on a much appreciated venture, far far away from the cries of a baby and the smell of last night's meal brewing from a diaper. Joel was oh so brave in accepting the challenge to watch our beloved little peanut...ALL BY HIMSELF. I left with three other gals for the coast of Texas, to the lovely Port Aransas. Honestly, we could have gone to a trailer park and I think I still would have been excited. We stayed at this amazing beach house, thanks to our friend Julie. I must say we all felt a little funny getting out of the car the night we got there. No car seats? Only one bag each?? No Pack n Plays to set up first thing??? We were in a different world.
Needless to say we had a blast. We spent the majority of our time doing 3 things: sleeping, eating, and TALKING! You know we also threw in some shopping (can't stop a woman from shopping!), exploring the island and other beach houses, and meeting some interesting locals.
When I got home, I was a little disappointed that Joel didn't seem as desperate to see me as I had hoped. He did a great job handling the little one's schedule and still being able to get some things done (like selling my beloved Honda Civic, who has been with me since college. tear.). I feel like a different woman. Here's to getting away and waking up to nothing but the sound of the ocean outside our window...wait...I think I hear Emmy waking up from her nap. Back to reality, until the next girls' weekend!

Emmy took Joel to her friend Madeline's birthday party. Are his eyes like that because he is having fun or because he is overwhelmed by his weekend as Mr. Mom?

Here's what four mamas look like after a FULL night's sleep...all smiles.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

What a fun weekend for you girls! And what a special weekend of bonding it must have been for Emmy and her daddy!

Unknown said...

emmy's so big now!!!

Jan said...

I'm so glad you had a great getaway. Next time, let's go one together.

Jan said...

I meant to say let's go ON one together. Brandon waited until I hit publish to mention my typo.

Jewls said...

LOVE IT! I always enjoy reading your blog & then bonus that I am mentioned in it! SCORE!! Love you so much sweet Katie, our friendship is so precious to me. I did not know I was missing such a relationship in my life until I found you. Now, I don't know what I would do without talking to you daily.