Friday, February 27, 2009

24 weeks Prego

It has officially happened- the popping out of the "bump." That bump would consist of a little over a pound of baby and lots of other things in my belly that help that baby stay happy in the oven. We had our sonogram a couple of weeks ago and BAM...on the screen we saw the biggest penis any baby has ever had (or so Joel believes). Yep, a boy. I am scared to death. My friend/hairdresser laughed about how many trips to the emergency room they have had recently...her son isn't even THREE yet! All I could think as she went on and on about how active he is and how far he likes to jump off of things was, "What in the h$&* have we gotten ourselves into?? What meds is she on and how do I get them??" Emmy is rambunctious enough! Have I mentioned that hospitals tend to give me the heeby-geebies?
So we are preparing for baby #2 now who we lovingly call Cletus the Fetus. If you ask Emmy what her brother's name is she will tell you, "Bubba." It's pretty darn cute I must admit. I am hoping the addition of another male will help to lower our incidences of drama in the Foshea household. I also hope Emmy will be a SAFE influence on her brother and model how a SAFE toddler should play. Joel just hopes he won't be a sissy. Which led to a discussion about how we will not spank him if he wants to sing and dance instead of run and throw things. I love all things musical and theatrical and believe deeply that boys can be just as artistic as girls without becoming effeminate weiners. That may sound offensive, but here's what I mean. Unfortunately our society deems certain characteristics to be female and others to be male. I think that is a load of dung and want our kiddos to simply seek to know God and through that be opened up to His uber creative world. Whether Emmy wants to be a dancer or an engineer should not be up for society to decide. Our prayer is that the Foshea passel is one dedicated to being authentic believers who care about the things Jesus most cared about. Plain and simple. Which means no weiners...because Jesus was anything but one.
I will try to take a flattering picture of the growing belly, but that is getting harder and harder as things continue to spread out and the clothes I can fit into continue to dwindle. I promise to post pictures next time of Emmy and the belly (happy Brittany??).

2 comments:

Kelli said...

OH how fun! A little boy! :)

Unknown said...

lol, nice. katie, i remember you saying you'd think a boy would be fun. you're gonna love it