Arrggghhh! Fleas are from the pit of hell. You know it's bad when you sit on your couch for just one relaxing moment and find four fleas have decided to join you all in the span of two minutes, and they bite and they really hurt and they are really nasty looking. Long story short, we have fleas and I HATE IT! It's pretty sad that most of my time has been spent the last few days scouring the carpet picking fleas and putting them into a small plastic bag. The fleas then get transported to the freezer where I take much pleasure in watching them die. Sick, I know, but I have been driven over the edge. The profesh (proffesional) is coming out next Tuesday and to that I say, "PLEASE COME SOONER! WE'LL PAY ANYTHING!!" So, we feel like prisoners in our own home for the time being and Emmy and I will probably be spending the next few nights at our friend Julie's house.
In other Foshea news, I'm still preggo and Emmy is still a handful. We went to McKinney Falls today for a little fun in the sun. Who knew we would be hiking over cooled-lava type terrain for half a mile before we reached water...with no shade...and little green things that bite your bottom when you sit in the water. It really was fun though despite the not so perfect conditions! It's all about the company! We had five babies, Chase's mama, one nursing mama, and three pregnant mamas. Emmy had a ball and did a great job navigating the treacherous river bottom. I didn't bring the camera because...well, I brought the rest of the house (as you tend to do when you have little ones) and didn't want to keep up with it. Julie got some good pics though so I will post them when she sends 'em to me.
7 years ago
6 comments:
Haha! This cracked me up when I read it. We totally dealt with fleas this last fall, it was a disaster! GOOD LUCK!
Ugh, so sorry about the fleas! My roommate and I had a flea problem one year in college and we didn't even have pets. I think they jumped on me when I was at a nasty boys' apartment. The place was nasty, not the boys. Anyway...so sorry! Never heard about putting them in a plastic bag and freezing them. Good to know. Can't wait 'til your boy is here!
I.hate.fleas. They're so gross and there are always so many of them. Good luck with the flea exterminator!
Yeah - and yet we were never graced with your presence. It would have been a fun sleepover too. I hope those blood suckers are officially gone now! Stupid fleas - biting my friends. Why I otta!!
Just read the second paragraph and the hint about sending you the pics. I'll get to it woman! JK - gonna work on organizing my pics tomorrow. I have a Great one of you and your girl. You look so great preggo- one beautiful momma! I was laughing so hard at this blog. Gotta love McKinney falls with kiddos, hot sun, no shade & oh don't forget my fall on the hard rock with Chase in tow, scraped elbow and all!
This is in no way related to the icky flea posting... Though judging from the comments I'm thinking this is a nasty Texas trend. (All the more reason to move to Florida, I say...)
Anyway, I just saw that Cletus is coming in 22 days or so--- that's madness! I can't believe I will have missed the chance to meet him covered by your belly. Ooh well, I'll make up for it in other ways sometime. Please post more photos soon. I miss the Fosheas!
Post a Comment