
Where did February go? I would love to say we were off in some far away land doing all sorts of fun and adventurous things this past month, but alas I cannot. I can't really even say that February was a crazy month. All that said I will try to catch up on all the goings on at the Foshea cottage so that when the kiddos look back at this chronicle of their lives they will not be disappointed by the large gaps every few months! I would also like to note that this blog will henceforth be strictly about the Foshea kids and family life in general. No more will you have to sit through my own personal musings on life and spirituality. What's that you say? You want to read my musings? Nope, didn't think you said that. Well for those of you who would like to take a trip inside my head you are more than welcome to head on over to my online journal. I'll post a link on my blogroll if you are really bored one day. I make no apologies for what I will write about as this will truly be my own personal publication (I think that makes it sound fancy!) and I will write about whatever pops into my jumbled little mind.
Follow me now on a journey through the month of February (it most certainly will not be in chronological order, sorry).

A few weeks ago I had the privilege to help host Melissa's baby shower for baby #2 (she's the gorgeous preggo in red).

This little man was born yesterday, March 2nd. I couldn't focus on anything else yesterday as Mel went through labor and I can't describe my excitement and awe as I got to meet and hold little Blake for the first time. Luke and Mel are practically family and I was so honored to see the little guy as he checked out his surroundings in his first few hours of life. Happy Birthday Blake!(So this is not from February...so sue me!)

Mel labored from 2 a.m. until about 4 p.m. She is a champ!

Emmy got to spend a week with her Nana and Pa in Dallas. Please excuse the ridiculous expression on Emmy's face and my half-open eyes. At least Nana looks pretty!

Her Nana took her to a butterfly garden and this is her look of awe as the keeper released the newest batch of butterfly hatchlings. Priceless.

Once home, Emmy got a hold of my makeup...again. My, doesn't she look beautiful. She thought so. She walked around the house saying, "I bootful. I pretty." Yes you are princess. Don't you ever forget it kiddo and I'll take down the fool who would tell you otherwise.

I'm pretty sure we went to the ranch in late January but oh well. Here's Emmy and Owen just kickin it in their Daddy's boots.

We spent the weekend with the Mezger crew (formerly the North Carolina Mezgers, not to be mistaken for the Austin Mezgers) and the Murray clan. Phil (Christal's hubby; she's the farthest one on the left) shot his first deer that weekend. So exciting! Joel and Kyle relished getting to teach Phil how to skin and cut up his deer. Yuck is all I can say, but if we were ever stranded out in the wilderness I would want these men in my corner.

Those same gals from the Ranch decided running a half marathon would be a fun thing for us to do together. Our sweet husbands met us at the finish line with signs and kiddos in tow.

Crossing the finish line. Did I mention Christal (the gal in the middle) was 5 months pregnant?! Girl, you so awesome!

Here begins a slideshow of Boone and his love of tongue waggling.



I mean really, the boy loves sticking out his tongue. So cute.

Watch out Daddy...wait for it, wait for it...

chomp!!

It snowed! Well, this picture does it no justice. This was right at the beginning of the flurries. My good pictures are on my phone. When I figure out how to transfer those I'll add them to this post. Our entire yard was covered with at least an inch and it lasted for at least a few hours. Boone, Emmy and I (sadly this happened during the weekday when Joel was at work) made a mini snowman... on top of our garbage bin. Classy.
A video of Boone laughing at a silly frog toy and some of Emmy's antics.
1 comment:
I DEFINITELY want a copy of Emmy looking at the butterflies. That's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. Miss y'all!
Post a Comment