(Is it just me or does my forehead look monstrous! That's what I get for not showering two days in a row. Yuck)PS- if you want the results of our pricing date head on over to Melissa's blog!
Here is my friend Melissa.
She and I are different birds.
She loves to make lists,
organize the snot out of anything she can get her hands on,
and to plan her family's themed Halloween costumes
a YEAR in advance.
Yes, my friends, she is my Type A pal.
I on the other hand am a "last-minute Jane",
have a closet that a child could actually get lost in for days,
and can't even remember when my own birthday is,
let alone plan ahead for any major event.
Yet somehow our friendship completely works.
We have different things to offer one another.
For example, I can teach her how to burp the ABC's and
how to pants people without getting caught;
she teaches me how to plan ahead and stick with a budget.
You can make up your own mind as to which of these are more important
but I like to think we are equally "gifted."
Today we had a playdate, of sorts.
We went to three different stores
(HEB, Wally World, and Costco).
We price checked about 25 items and now have
a list comparing the stores' prices on said items to one another.
We did this with FOUR children (hers are behind her in the photo).
We did this in 2 1/2 hours, which included a lunch break
($1.50 hot dog and drink at Costco..boo yah).
We did this without punching eachother in the face.
It was glorious. I actually feel like I accomplished something today beyond changing a million diapers and cleaning the playroom, yet again.
I am thankful for my friend who suggested this playdate
and even more thankful that we made it out alive.
I am also thankful that we share a passion for being good stewards of the money God has blessed us with .
I pray our children would watch and learn and in turn be good stewards when they grow up.
(Editor's Note: Mel and I are converted budget-masters, lest you be led to believe we have always been this budget saavy. The word "budget" used to make both of us break out into hives and start twitching. Isn't it cool how people really CAN change.)
5 comments:
MEGA-JEALOUS.
Ummm...awesome post, but you forgot to post one very important thing...the price book ;) I know, I know you two incredible mama's did all the work, but let's not be greedy...haha! I can't imagine getting out with all of them and accomplishing so much...wowsers! I cringe at the thought of going to the grocery store with my litter!
So are you going to share who has the best prices? And can you tell me if it is worth it for me to buy 10 pounds of individually frozen chicken breasts at costco for $19?
Sister, I got used to you posting once a week---don't let me down! I demand more pictures of the fam pronto!
hi, this is jo neel (met you at Christal's shower). so i am totally blog stalking you after your email sent out today and have to see your price list. i tried to do this myself and was very unsuccessful... maybe i need a Melissa in my life :) please share your treasure!
Post a Comment