Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas and dancing


As much as I feel like I am going bonkers trying to keep up with two very active munchkins, the past month has been a lot of fun. Emmy and Boone have two distinct personalities and are so much fun to play with. They love to wrestle, dance, sing, hide from Joel when he gets home from work, play "hungry tiger" which generally entails us crawling around on all fours roaring at eachother as they run away giggling. They are also pretty precious to watch when we see Christmas lights, Santa at the mall and any ornament that sparkles. What a joy to watch them react to the magic of this season. My only prayer is that Joel and I instill in them a wonder at what God did for us over 2,000 years ago; that Christ's gift would speak more to their hearts than anything we could ever give them. Growing up our family Christmas tree always had one topper: a paper plate angel I made in preschool. I decided to continue that tradition in our family. Here Emmy was making her beautiful angel.
And here she is helping decorate the tree...she decided the cute pajama top I bought her was hindering her hanging skills.
My word they did such a good job. The tree has yet to fall and we have lost no ornaments. Of course every night I notice certain ornaments have found a new home. Usually collected all on one branch.

I can't get enough of this little man.

During Thanksgiving we helped Nana put up her Christmas tree.
Can't decorate without your princess crown.

Just last weekend my sister Lesley came in town for a little visit. We are SO glad she has moved back from Chicago! Poor thing didn't know she was going to get recruited for kitchen remodel duty. She was nervous as a cat when I asked her to sand and paint! But she did a great job. Now every time Boone sees her picture he points and laughs and says, "Seesee!"
Only a few more days before we celebrate the birth of Christ. There are so many traditions I want to start, presents to be bought, kitchens to remodel, etc. I have found myself falling to prey to anxiety and a desire to hole up and hide. When that happens I have begun a new exercise. I merely begin thanking God for all of the blessings in my life. What a difference a thankful heart makes! Puts a smile on my face and helps me see things with joy.
I am so utterly thankful for my family: us four, extended family, and friends. When I am thankful my heart feels lighter and I actually want to dance. So that is what the kids and I have been doing a lot of lately. We twirl and stomp and bounce (on the BED!) with no reservations. So fun! All the while remembering the reason why we dance, a precious baby born in a stable. A baby born for us.

No comments: