Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Christmas... a little late

Don't judge me. Yes I know it is the middle of February and this post is all about the month of December. Oh well. Our camera was stolen a few weeks ago...and no I am not being dramatic, it really was stolen...(note to anyone contemplating taking someone else's camera-leave the memory card please.) So now that I have no new pictures to post I am going through our old pics and finding I have quite a few posts that never made it to "print." Here goes:
My sister and I had a fashion show smack dab in the middle of mi tienda favorita: TARGET. This was my best imitation of "Carrie" from Sex in the City. This was my sister's best imitation of a psyche ward patient.

Speaking of the psyche ward...

When making Christmas cinnamon rolls, it is always recommended the bakers make a little time for some fashion poses. Blue Steel anyone? Oh how I love hanging out with my sister. We spent Christmas at our beloved Girl Scout Camp taking care of 40 horses.
Boone and Emmy breaking in a young steed.
Or more accurately, riding a geriatric ex-barrel racing horse who has not moved faster than a sloth stuck in honey in a very long time.We had a great time opening presents. Emmy got all things girl and princess. She is actually lifting one leg in this picture. Quite the little lady.
The weather was very frigid for Texas standards. I am not pregnant in this picture nor is Emmy struggling with obesity. We had about five layers on as we braved the outside temperature to practice riding the new bike from Nana and Pa.
Hopefully we will be able to replace our camera soon so I can download better quality pics than my phone is able to take. A little note on the present: we have gotten to a much easier place with Emmy. She is truly growing into quite a sweet little girl. She still has her pugnacious and defiant moments, but they are becoming less severe and less frequent. Boone just melts my heart every time I look at him. We are truly blessed. Joel is an incredible husband and father. The kids just light up when he comes home from work. Life is sweet. Thankfulness is a good salve to any cynicism or frustration one might have with the general hard aspects of life.

No comments: