

Making dinner for 60 plus people is no small feat.Ummm...too cute. What a difference a year makes.
While lying in bed one morning a few weeks ago, I was not quite ready to stir from my slightly catatonic state and Emmy was doing everything she could to rouse me. She finally tried the "sweet" route and said, "I love you Mama." She was rubbing my cheek as she said this. So precious. Then, not at all put off by my silence, she grabbed my lips with her fingers and moved them up and down while saying, "I love you too Emmy" in a strange falsetto voice. She also told me some day she will be able to paint the cabinets (our ongoing remodeling) because she will be a donut. I think she meant grown-up. Maybe. Or just maybe she has aspirations of being a donut. Who knows with this kid.
Boone is getting a little rowdier and a little more defiant. If he doesn't like the answer you have given him, he will yell and make a hitting gesture at you. I thought we might be able to skip the whole terrible two's with him since he has proven to be the easiest baby that ever existed. Alas that will not be the case. I'm afraid he is going to become quite acquainted with Mr. Spanky Spoon much like his older sibling.. The interesting part is watching Emmy when Boone is disciplined. She gets very protective and will shout out, "Hey Mama. That's my brudder. He's just a little guy!" Then there are times when she repeats what I have said, like a good little boss/preschool mom should. "Boone, dat's a no no. You better stop or Mama will have to put you in time out. Boone just adores his big sister and tries to emulate everything she does. Good and bad. I have more but this post is too long for my taste.
2 comments:
just re-reading your blog. Just have to say that I love that y'all eat friends and meet food- LOL! I am sure Bailey has sung it that way before too : )
SOOOOO funny especially Emmy moving your lips and speaking in a falsetto voice.
Post a Comment