For my birthday this past November, my good friend Alison got me a book. She kept building up this present for weeks assuring me I would just LOVE it. When I opened it and saw the new copy of Young House Love I tried really hard to seem so overwhelmed by what she had touted as the best gift ever. A book. Oh but little did I know, along with the book would come fame, fun and fortune. Well, at least two of those three.
This book carried the golden ticket! It was actually red but that's besides the point! (By the way, I know this isn't about the kids but it's just too good to not share! And it did happen several weeks ago, but so be it) We were going to see the famous bloggers Sherry and John from YHL in person at a local bookstore in Austin.
These fun peeps are known as the DIY masters in the bloggy world and we have followed them for over a year now. I was already getting all woozy just thinking about being in the same room with them (I have an issue with seeing famous or pseudo famous people). So the night of we were as giddy as school girls. We were also determined. Determined to get on the blog. That's right folks, legit fame. We had noticed that as John and Sherry have posted about their book tour in other cities, fans were being showcased for their wittiness, cuteness, and eagerness in coming to the signing. So Ali, Sidhya and I did our best. We brought a cute gift for them, a handmade card showcasing our (Ali's) creativity and dressed in our most un-mom clothes we owned.
| Ali's card. I know, right?! |
| They were hilarious and so cute! |
| BAM! Yes I am creepily touching Sherry but it is merely a product of my weirdness around semi-famous people. |
1 comment:
Love this post! So FUN!
Post a Comment