Thursday, August 7, 2014

Spring Break Part Deux

 
I don't know how I failed to share our Dinosaur Park adventure in the last post!  Not only did we take a trip north to Dallas for our Spring Break vacay, we also took a trip back in time. (Cue dramatic music)
 
 
 A little ways down the road toward Houston is a gem of a place. You'll miss it if you blink. I had to turn around on the highway because I did just that. This park features LIFE SIZE dinosaurs. Yep. Someone built some dinosaurs, plopped them down in the middle of a trailer park (no lie), and now charges a small fee to roam through the forest in search of an earlier time. Upon arrival, you receive a really fun and informative scavenger hunt. Then you walk down a marked trail and the fun begins!

 This Triceratops was the first really large dino we encountered. The kids (and me) were taken aback! The iphone pic does no justice.
 THEN... T REX!
 More T Rex babies!
 Boone and Emmy decided the eggs needed to be cared for. So they sat on them. Like our chickens.
 The best part though came as we rounded a bend in the trail. A massive neck and head peeked out above the trees and we were agog. Seriously cool.
 I mean, look at that guy!! He had to be as tall as a five story building. Again, darn iphone does NOTHING for the dramatic effect.

 These are a few pics from the Dallas Aquarium I somehow left out as well. This was the giant manatee we fell in love with.
 And the super cool Shark Tunnel.

 This guy cracked me up. Every time he swam over us it looked like he was grinning and winking.
 Ok, now our entire Spring Break trip has been updated. Looking forward to next year's adventures.

No comments: