Thursday, March 19, 2009

PUNKin

Anyone who does not believe in Man's sinful nature from birth should come on over to the Foshea house and check out our little PUNKin. I capitalize the first part of that affectionate name on purpose. Emmy has certainly begun testing her limits...usually with a giant smile on her face. Her consistency in doing things we have repeatedly told her not to do is quite extraordinary. She is like a moth to the flame when it comes to playing with the CD player or splashing in the toilet(I know, gross, but that's nothing compared to other stories.) Those are not really a huge concern, just frustrating as she usually does them when we are trying to get dinner made or are in the process of cleaning one of her previous messes. I do get concerned though when she tries to play with the electrical outlet or turn on the oven (note to self: must buy plastic shield for the stove knobs at babies r us tomorrow). I am tempted to buy a "No machine"- somewhat like a fart machine, just not nearly as funny and only audible to babies. Is that even possible? Can I find a product on the market that will save me from saying the "n" word five thousand times a day? I laugh as I clearly remember telling my own mom at a tender age that I would always say yes to my children because I would love them more and want to give them everything they want. Oh the parenting philosophy of a 13 year old.
Emmy is also very curious about my belly these days. In the morning as we watch the news and Elmo she cannot stop herself from lifting my shirt to poke my belly button and press in on my growing abdomen. I try to let her know her brother probably doesn't appreciate being prodded like that, but I think she understands, "Keep poking my belly because you are the princess and ruler of this house." I'm pretty sure that goes for everything else I tell her NOT to do.

Oh how I love this little girl. Sure there are days when I fight back the tears behind my sunglasses, but that is NOTHING in comparison to a precious baby hug or a giggle in the back seat as I wave my hands for the 50th time to songs only a mama has the stomach to listen to. So my little PUNKin, know that you are loved immensely and unconditionally. As you continue to grow and we continue to deal with your rebellious nature never forget that nothing will ever get in the way of our love for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, blog goodness! Love looking on here and seeing a new post from you. Even w/ God only knows what all over her face she is still the cutest!

B-Dub said...

So, the "n" word where I grew up was not the safest/smartest word to throw around. ;-)

The Mezger Family said...

Let me know when you find the no machine.