Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April pictures

Emmy has a new face; it's the "Monkey Kiss" face. I think it is one of the funniest things she has done so far. Here is a small sampling, but note that there is nothing like seeing it in person. She closes her eyes really tight and juts out her bottom lip as she moves in for a smacker. My friend Julie can attest to the goofiness of this expression as she witnessed Emmy trying to give her son Chase a big monkey kiss.
Life at the Foshea casa has been pretty busy lately. My belly gets bigger and bigger each day (along with every other body part). I think Cletus is going to be an eater because I did not consume this many calories with Emmy. Joel thinks it's because it takes a lot of work growing the baby's man parts...once again illustrating that men are a little over zealous about their "bits." I really don't have anything fun to post this week...I have had writer's block the past few weeks... so here are just a bunch of random pictures. It's all I've got! I am sacrificing my afternoon nap for this... I know that probably sounds a little snotty, but I don't have enough steam to keep up with a 15 month old and carry around a 30 week old cantaloupe! Call me a wimp but I live for the time during the day when Emmy goes to sleep!Chase is one of Emmy's beau's. He's super cute and I think they have decided to start a band together. They made some beautiful music with these pots and spoons. I think they will be holding auditions some time in the summer.Joel has been working on putting in a stone patio in the backyard. Emmy was helping to spread out the concrete in what will be the base for a stone bench along the perimeter of the patio. She LOVES being Daddy's big helper.
We were so blessed to get to spend the weekend with one of Emmy's best friends, Bailey. We took the girls to the bounce house here in South Austin where they of course had a blast!Joel went turkey hunting for the first time over Easter weekend. Here he is with his gobbler. I was a little grossed out when he brought home the feet and the beard...who knew turkeys had beards?
Most people still think Emmy is a boy when we are out in public (her lack of hair tends to be the main problem) so I love it when she looks very girly in a cute dress. This is one of my favorites right now!

6 comments:

The Mezger Family said...

Okay this is crazy but I didn't even recognize Bailey in the bounce house picture. Love the picture of Emmy in her dress. So cute.

Kelli said...

I love the monkey kiss face! People always think Caroline is a boy too! Especially know that she won't keep her bows in her hair!

Anonymous said...

Sister! The monkey kiss face is the cutest thing ever. And I really don't get how people think she's a boy---no boy has ever had such a pretty face.

And guess who has a blog now?!

Jewls said...

Yes, the monkey kiss face is hilarious. I got a good hard laugh from it multiple times! Fun times chica! Love y'all!

Jan said...

I can't see Joel in that picture! Oh, and I LOVE the dress. I was wondering what your favorite outfits for Emmy were after you asked me the other day.

The Reading Family said...

Haha.. I love her monkey kisses picture! TOO CUTE!