First up: the energetic, jabber-box, sleep hating, learning to pee pee on the potty like Elmo...Miss Emmaline!
Emmy is a complicated creature. One minute she is giggling and having the best time of her life and the next moment all hell is breaking loose because you told her she couldn't have the cup of milk she so desperately wants. She is very dramatic and VERY expressive. Wait...she's a normal GIRL! She is a joy to be around when she wants to be sweet, but watch out for that mood swing! You'll never know what hit ya! I keep telling myself her spunkiness will serve her well later in life. She certainly will never be a wallflower.
She truly is beautiful. I tell her every day, "Did you know that God made you special? He thinks you're pretty cool!" She just grins and says, "Oh, that's right!" I can't wait to see the way God uses her compassionate and sensitive heart to love on others some day. She became the class care-giver in her little Mother's Day Out class this past year. Whenever a kiddo would come in crying, the teachers told me she would walk right up to them and say, "It's ok. Don't cry." She also apparently exhibited a tendency to be the leader of the group. Of course I think that was her teacher's nice way of saying she is hard headed and doesn't back down from anyone.
Did I mention she has personality? Lots of it. I wonder where that comes from? Emmy loves her guy buddies. These boys are candidates to be Emmy's future husband. Joel and I have decided we will let her choose: she just must choose one of the four boys we have decided on for her: Chase, Caleb, Graham, or Owen.
Emmy and Chase actually moved their chairs away from me and sat like this together for several minutes! It's looking like he may be a favorite to win.
She also has some cute little sayings:
- "LaQueen"- Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars.
- "She hab a ..." - She has a ...red hat on, little puppy, etc.
- She sings the cutest song before we pray at dinner time. I have a video. Will post it soon.
- "You hab a bug bite? Mean bug!" - Any sort of injury she or you may get is undoubtedly in her mind from a bug. She says this to me even though whatever she has noticed on my skin looks nothing like a bug bite. Go figure.
- "I have a baby in my tummy. Wanna see, Chase?" - Many of my friends are pregnant. Chase's mama and my good friend Julie is pregnant with TWINS. That explains that quote.
And then there's Boone. Is it wrong to say he is the perfect baby? He continues to be one of the happiest babies I have ever been around. He is a huge flirt and loves to cuddle. This kid is going to be a heart-breaker! Of course I am a little biased.
His big blue eyes and goofy little smile get me every time.
He LOVES his big sister- even when she has him in a choke hold. He cancertainly hold his own with her though. With the dog whacking him in the head with her tail all the time and a sister hell-bent on flattening him by laying on top of him 20 times a day, this kid is tough.
I love the mohawk his daddy gave him!
We really don't see much of this face. Really. He seldomly gets out of joint and when he does, it is for a legit reason. He has about 4 teeth coming in right now which does not look like fun to me. Even still, he fusses minimally when I know his gums have got to be on fire.
I mean, come on! Boone is PRECIOUS. I can't wait to see his little personality come out more as continues to develop. They are both such a joy to love on.
2 comments:
New computer-yay! Fun pics! Love your family!
I LOVE the pic of Emmy with the Q-Tips in her ears! And I hope Joel bought that super studly outfit. P.S. what type of camera do you have? The pictures look amazing.
Post a Comment