Monday, July 19, 2010

Goings on

Our little man turned ONE! What in the world is he thinking? Boone, you are not supposed to grow up like your big sister. I have already had to mourn the fact that she no longer has a cute bald head or chubby little arms and legs; she runs like a monkey who's tail is on fire and does not rely on cute one-syllable gurglings to communicate her needs/wants/general pleasure or displeasure. Now you're going to try and get all big, son? I think not. Nonetheless we had fun celebrating with you at Nana and Pa's house. Of course there were moments when I sulked in the corner murmuring things like, "Too soon. He needs more time as a baby" and "My babies are growing up and I'll cry if I want to," all while taking deep puffs from my shady slim cigarette. Ok, so not really, but that's what the crabby old lady in my head was doing.

Boone pretty much devoured the flag fruit-pizza I made him. This is the easiest cake in the world to make and Oh So Good. It was a big hit. Boone is definitely starting to show more and more of his personality these days. He can be a little dramatic at times when he doesn't get something he wants; I fear he has picked that up from another two-legged short person in our house with curly hair whose name shall not be named. Overall, he is still one of the most laid back babies with a smile that melts my heart every time.

Boone is almost done with bottles and has moved on to all things solid food. One of his all-time faves is: WATERMELON! And he's not alone. When the concrete boils your toes off and just stepping outside makes you feel like a burning muffin, the Foshea crew loves to get down to the most minimal clothing possible and just bury our faces in that delectable red fruit.

See what I mean!
The spoils.


Just thought a family pic would be fun to slip in at this point.



Here is a vid of Boone's mad walker-walking skills. (unfortunately blogspot doesn't wanna download my super cute vid!)
After Boone's party, I headed to Houston to spend a few days with my dad while the kiddos got in some much needed Nana and Pa time. It was somewhat encouraging when I came back to Dallas to retrieve the kids to see the look of fatigue in Cathy's eyes. When I asked her if she was tired she replied with, "What do you think?" Here is a woman who has raised three men and lived to tell about it, and she was exhausted after running with the munchkins for three days. I look now at the bags under my eyes with a new sense of comeraderie with Cathy and all the other mamas in the world. I cannot thank the Fosheas enough for taking care of the chil-rens so I could spend some much desired time with my dad. (I slept until noon the first day I was in H-town and later went on a run at 9 p.m., ending up in a sketchy part of town. I felt like I was in college again!) While I know Pancho would have loved to see his grandbabies, we were fortunate to get some quiet moments to just sit back and enjoy one another's company. I gained 3 pounds from the amazing restaurants we hit (no joke) and felt very relaxed hanging with the old pops. All around, Boone's birthday weekend (oh, along with the celebration of our nation's freedom) was a blast. One is t0ns of fun!

Later that week one of my dear friends from highschool drove up to hang with us for an afternoon. She is a phenomenal teacher and Emmy just loved reading with Aunty Mo-Mo. What a fun summer!

No comments: