Monday, September 27, 2010

FALL!

We went to our first highschool football game in Austin with both kiddos the other night. Bowie was playing some "other" team and we had such a blast hanging out with our great buds the Mezgers and a whole host of raging hormones disguised as middle school and highschool kiddos. Our girls had so much fun cheering, scaling the bleachers, and playing with their Toy Story dolls.
Melissa's gonn kill me for posting this picture! But I had to give the whole visual! We sat at the very top away from the masses (thank you wise Melissa) and let the kids run somewhat wild.

So this summer was pretty rough on me...that is actually a gross understatement! We were going bananas not having a set schedule or set events to go to during the week. I decided to do some "re-decorating" to fill some of the hours as my kiddos came quite close to driving me mad. Boone's room has been the playroom/guest room/office/storage closet for too long. I decided to bite the bullet and give up on him and Emmy sharing a room in the near future (she is still a terrible sleeper)and just dub his room his. Here's what I came up with on no budget. The room is all but the size of a cd case so I tried to weed out as many toys as I could to make his room feel less cramped. I am not a fan of primary colors but in a boys room, your color pallette is pretty limited. Plus I already had all of this stuff and it works! I LOVE the flags I made. So fun! These bad boys are all over the blogging world and I have been wanting to make them FOREVER.

Emmy loves her room. I think our final step is to make her a canopy of some sort. She is very in to princesses and dancers and all things girl.
Buckle up for some of my favorite pics from the past few weeks. Here is our little man eating only a fraction of the food on his tray as the other larger fraction misses his mouth completely. Sometimes I want to paper/rock/scissors Joel to see who has to clean this little man up after a meal.
Oh but he is so cute! Here he is in what I call his typical "frat daddy" outfit.
It has strangely rained quite a bit these past few weeks. We finally get so cooped up that we just have to go outside! Here are the results.
Back and forth they go!

We celebrated Bailey's birthday at her "Maroon Out" party. For those of you who don't understand what I'm talking about, the Aggie's main school color is maroon. I even put an A&M shirt on. Melissa seemed to have bought out the Aggie store and stated she had plenty for me to choose from. Sorry Bears! Sic em!

Umm miss sassy pants above quite enjoyed her cheerleading outfit and could not wait for Bailey to open her gifts. Bailey got all things Toy Story because the kid is quite honestly obsessed with the movies!

This is from another one of our rainy day play days.
This massive mud pit/pool was too tempting for Boone to stay clean for very long.

My dad and sister came in town last weekend. Please excuse what a nut my dad is! Emmy and Boone were wearing their tutu's and Daddy decided he didn't want to be left out of the fun.
He also decided to don this blonde wig. He and Emmy match!
Log roll time! Lots of giggling. Lots.
We had a blast. I love my family! We're excited because Nana (Joel's mom) is coming in town this weekend so we are in for more fun!

2 comments:

The Mezger Family said...

Great post, minus that one picture. Atleast you didn't zoom in on me.

Jan said...

i love the flags in boone's room.