Melissa Mezger is undoubtedly a Halloween enthusiast. She plans ahead a year in advance: her family's themed costumes, party details, as well as thinking up costume ideas for all of her friends. Given this is her favorite holiday of the year (what about Chinese New Year???) she threw one heck of a bash last night.
A little pumpkin decided to be a part of the Foshea Royalty! We were too cheap to actually get costumes for ourselves so two posterboards drawn to look like playing cards would suffice. Oh yeah, and a too big crown for Joel and really fun red and white striped tights for me. At least the kiddos looked uber cute.
Emmy: Princess Belle
Boone: A court jester.
Costume made by yours truly. Felt is the best fabric for EASY costumes!
The Mezgers were a pumpkin patch with a protective scarecrow (Luke). Some other fun themed costumes from the night: Two chefs and a salt and pepper shaker, Nerd family, Cowboy family, Farm Animals, Chickens and baby chicks (more pics to come!)

Do you see the insanely large bounce house behind us?
Yup. Mel goes big.

Our little princess played with Ben "Spider Man" most of the evening in the sand turtle.
As did our messy man.
We finished off the night with some good ole' trick-or-treating. On the way home we had the following conversation:
Me: Emmy, what did you say when you knocked on the door for candy.
Emmy: Thank you.
Me: No, before you got candy what did you say to the person?
Emmy: Happy Halloween!
Me: And?
Emmy: Trick or Treating!
Me: Is that what you said?
Emmy: Yup. That's what I do's
(think "does" pronounced "do" with an s at the end.)
Emmy was at the very front, hopefully getting her favorite dark chocolate. Just like I prepped her to ask. For her, of course.
Emmy was at the very front, hopefully getting her favorite dark chocolate. Just like I prepped her to ask. For her, of course.
2 comments:
You guys are so stinkin' cute!!! Love these pictures. We are doing well. Almost have another semester done...still too many to count, but that's okay. We like it here and can see so many blessings from the Lord. How are you doing? Miss you!
I love your costumes Katie! I was the Queen of Hearts one year. My mom actually helped me that year and we projected the actual image on poster board to make it exact. I must say that however you did yours I am MIGHTY impressed!
Post a Comment