We have been reading the beloved book The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and I am so excited by how much Emmy loves it. I didn't think the kiddos were quite ready for chapter books with little to no pictures, but then realized Emmy will spend 30 minutes or more listening to her Veggie Tales CD's. When my friend told me the other day that they were in fact reading this series and how much her 4 yr old was really enjoying it I was encouraged to give it a go.
And my favorite part of this whole new venture, besides enjoying sweet time with a still preschooler, making up fun accents and rereading a wonderful allegory? Emmy's comments throughout... imagine if you will a dramatic gasp followed by, "Mama! I think this book is really about God!" Lovely. I bet C.S. Lewis would smile if he knew his writing continues to touch the hearts of both adults and little ones. Here's to hoping Boone will sit still long enough to join us as we travel into the enchanted land of Narnia.
7 years ago

3 comments:
Aww!! So sweet! Now you've made me look forward to when Chloe and I will read C.S.Lewis together too! =)
Wow! I love hearing this. Do all adults even see this?
The above is from Nana
Post a Comment